Wednesday, September 14, 2005

 

SP6 Questions


1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

Yes. A yarn snob.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?

No.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Yes. To dust.
4. How long have you been knitting?

Learned at an early age but did not stick with it. Just picked it up again a few years ago.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes. BGK_wishlist
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Fresh not too overpowering. Gardenia scent is nice. I don't like strong vanilla.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Milk Chocholate truffles. But my sweet tooth is very small.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Home improvement. Crafts with kids.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Not really into music. Just the radio for background noise.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Royal blue, burgundy. Most other medium to deep colors. Not light green.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Just kids and fish.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

World peace.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Soft natural fibers. I've accumulated a bunch of superwash merino for kid knitting.14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Rough acrylic. I tried and hated silk Noro. I have a tough time with cottons.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Baby and kids knitting.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I aim to knit full baby/toddler sets but time only permits me to knit a sweater and pants.
17. What are you knitting right now?
A toddler cardigan that will be embroidered.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Not interested in ponchos.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circulars. I have mid stream needle sets (Boyd, Denise) but would like to try Addi Turbos one day.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I travel with my knitting. I stick with aluminum since they are more durable.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Just finish three pairs.
22. How did you learn to knit?
On my own and advise from a knitting forum when I got stuck.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Over 20 years.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Hello Kitty. Cute japanese characters.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Love the human spirit and generosity of self at that time.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn and knitting books!!
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Vogue Knitting, KnitNet, Interweave Knits.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Yes. EZ's latest book
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
All over lace shawl. Haven't planned to start it yet so did not buy the pattern. http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/a16.shtm
ETA: 30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
I'll get back to you on this.

BGK

Comments:
Yipee Yeah!!! Guess who! Well, if you guess now that would take away the fun, since this is your new Secret Pal checking in. Thanks for taking the time to tell me about you. I'm headed to Stitches East next weekend and will be thinking of ways to spoil you while I'm there. Any special requests? Anything you can't easily get that I might be able to find for you? This is my first SP, so I'm excited to get started. You'll hear from me soon!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

KnitALong Links
 
Japanese Translation TIPS
 
KIT-KAL Yarn Substitution
 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    My Projects
     
    My Current WIP
    .CIT KAL
    .Mozaic Socks (6soxKAL)
    .MK Son's Pullover
    .Amble Socks (6soxKAL)
    .Baby Surprise Jacket
    .Japanese Toddler outfit set
    .Kerry Blue Lace Shawl (KBS)
    .Girl Match Pants
     
    .Boy ‘A’ 2nd Sweater
     
    .Baby Boy 'B' Sweater
     
    .Donation Baby Sweater
     
    Finished
    .SKI-MET
    .HP Scarf Bookmark
    .MK Peach cardigan
    .Baby Boy 'A' Sweater (Too Small)
    .Boy 'A' Match Socks(Too Small)
    .CnL-CIC donation sox
    .Socks for Pal
    .Baby Girl Sweater
     
    My UFO’s
    .Rowan Cable Sweater
    .Men’s Chunky Merino Vest
    .Hello Kitty Toy
    .Vintage Doll Coat + Pill Hat
    .Epstein Barbie Shell + Scarf
    .Frappe Merino Kimono
     
    More Links
    Archives
    Who Links Here