Tuesday, September 06, 2005

 

SockaPal


I finished the Socks for my secret pal and sent them off with one of the yarn labels. I had decided to try knitting the heel and toes in a different color. I think the colors work well together.

The finished socks look big. But when I measured them they should fit. I hope my sock pal likes them. She requested for a lot of color.


I'll post a finished pic when I get the chance. But here is the pre-frogged sock I started on DPNs and frogged after I completed the heels. The yarn has a nice plum color on one of the stripes.
Name: SockaPaltwoza socksDesigner: unlisted
Pattern Source:
http://www.theknitter.com/regiapattern.html

Yarn: Marks & Kattens 'Clown' self patterning yarn. Cotton/Superwash wool/polymide
Yarn Source: Purchased from local retail yarn store. Paton's 'Kroy' 85% superwashwool/15%nylon
Needle Size: 2.5 mm
Completed: Sept. 1, 2005
...............................Notes:....................................
I really like the self patterning. I had to make sure the colors
started off the same for both skeins. Knitting both socks at
once avoided different tensions on the second sock. Adding
a twist stitch to the gusset removed the 'hole'. I did not wash
the swatch. So I don't know if the sock would full and bloom a
bit and get softer. The yarn feels like cotton but not very soft.
..........................................................................

BGK

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

KnitALong Links
 
Japanese Translation TIPS
 
KIT-KAL Yarn Substitution
 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    My Projects
     
    My Current WIP
    .CIT KAL
    .Mozaic Socks (6soxKAL)
    .MK Son's Pullover
    .Amble Socks (6soxKAL)
    .Baby Surprise Jacket
    .Japanese Toddler outfit set
    .Kerry Blue Lace Shawl (KBS)
    .Girl Match Pants
     
    .Boy ‘A’ 2nd Sweater
     
    .Baby Boy 'B' Sweater
     
    .Donation Baby Sweater
     
    Finished
    .SKI-MET
    .HP Scarf Bookmark
    .MK Peach cardigan
    .Baby Boy 'A' Sweater (Too Small)
    .Boy 'A' Match Socks(Too Small)
    .CnL-CIC donation sox
    .Socks for Pal
    .Baby Girl Sweater
     
    My UFO’s
    .Rowan Cable Sweater
    .Men’s Chunky Merino Vest
    .Hello Kitty Toy
    .Vintage Doll Coat + Pill Hat
    .Epstein Barbie Shell + Scarf
    .Frappe Merino Kimono
     
    More Links
    Archives
    Who Links Here