Thursday, June 09, 2005

 

The Lace Adventure Begins


Okay, the results are in. The Mauve yarn got the most votes here and at the Knitting Forum. Lucky for me it's a fingering weight yarn and should not be too hard to work the first few rounds. It seems I was mistaken about the fiber. No alpaca. It's 100% wool. It's still a great color.

I tried the Emily Ocker circular cast last night. Seen here (http://bagateller.tripod.com/tips/circular.html). I got the hang of it after the second try. It turned out great. What a nice neat circle. Just pull the tail to tighten the cast-on stitches together.


 
I put the stitches onto two size 7 circular needles since I'm not a fan of double pointed needles (DPN). DPNs tend to flop around terribly with a few stitches on the needles. And mine always tend to fall or fly away.

There's something new on the sidebar. I'm getting familiar with blog design. What do you think of the WIP area I added? I played around with the HTML code which can be a bit scary. I do like how it came out.

BGK

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

KnitALong Links
 
Japanese Translation TIPS
 
KIT-KAL Yarn Substitution
 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    My Projects
     
    My Current WIP
    .CIT KAL
    .Mozaic Socks (6soxKAL)
    .MK Son's Pullover
    .Amble Socks (6soxKAL)
    .Baby Surprise Jacket
    .Japanese Toddler outfit set
    .Kerry Blue Lace Shawl (KBS)
    .Girl Match Pants
     
    .Boy ‘A’ 2nd Sweater
     
    .Baby Boy 'B' Sweater
     
    .Donation Baby Sweater
     
    Finished
    .SKI-MET
    .HP Scarf Bookmark
    .MK Peach cardigan
    .Baby Boy 'A' Sweater (Too Small)
    .Boy 'A' Match Socks(Too Small)
    .CnL-CIC donation sox
    .Socks for Pal
    .Baby Girl Sweater
     
    My UFO’s
    .Rowan Cable Sweater
    .Men’s Chunky Merino Vest
    .Hello Kitty Toy
    .Vintage Doll Coat + Pill Hat
    .Epstein Barbie Shell + Scarf
    .Frappe Merino Kimono
     
    More Links
    Archives
    Who Links Here